Wolf, Baldwin & Associates, P.C.

Parents should pay court ordered support for their children

Non-custodial parents have to support their children financially, especially when that support is ordered by the court. The child support is paid to the custodial parent, but this doesn't mean that money is for that parent. Instead, it is meant to help with the expenses of raising the child.

If you are a parent who has to pay child support, make sure that you understand the payment order so that you can comply with it. Even when you start to get upset that you are having to give your ex money, remember that it goes to help your child live a good life.

Your ex might compile the child support money with the other funds coming into the house. This can make it difficult for you to see where your child support money is going. If you are concerned that the money might not be going to your child, you need to think about what your child has.

  • Does your child have a home?
  • Are the utilities on?
  • Is your child clothed?
  • Is he or she being fed regularly?

Those are just a few basic things that child support can cover. If you answered yes to those questions, there is a good chance that your ex is using the money you pay for your child's needs.

There are times when changes need to be made to child support orders. These modifications can come after a major financial change, like losing a job. Whether you are seeking a modification or going through the initial child support process, we can help you to make sure that you aren't being railroaded.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Pottstown Office
800 East High Street
P.O. Box 444
Pottstown, PA 19464

Toll Free: 866-967-8935
Phone: 610-228-4582
Pottstown Law Office Map

West Chester Office
13 W. Miner Street
West Chester, PA 19382

Toll Free: 866-967-8935
Phone: 610-228-4582
West Chester Law Office Map

Reading Office
606 Court Street., Suite 203
Reading, PA 19601

Toll Free: 866-967-8935
Phone: 610-228-4582
Reading Law Office Map