Visitors to our Pennsburg office, please note:

From March 2023 through late October, the Route 29 bridge between 10th & 11th Streets will be closed. For visitors to our Pennsburg office arriving via Route 29 North: Turn left onto 11th street. Right onto Montgomery Ave. Right onto 8th Street. Left onto Route 29 North.

Please call the office at 215-679-5912 if you need further instructions regarding the detour. Thank you.

Parents should pay court ordered support for their children

On Behalf of | Feb 28, 2018 | Child Support |

Non-custodial parents have to support their children financially, especially when that support is ordered by the court. The child support is paid to the custodial parent, but this doesn’t mean that money is for that parent. Instead, it is meant to help with the expenses of raising the child.

If you are a parent who has to pay child support, make sure that you understand the payment order so that you can comply with it. Even when you start to get upset that you are having to give your ex money, remember that it goes to help your child live a good life.

Your ex might compile the child support money with the other funds coming into the house. This can make it difficult for you to see where your child support money is going. If you are concerned that the money might not be going to your child, you need to think about what your child has.

  • Does your child have a home?
  • Are the utilities on?
  • Is your child clothed?
  • Is he or she being fed regularly?

Those are just a few basic things that child support can cover. If you answered yes to those questions, there is a good chance that your ex is using the money you pay for your child’s needs.

There are times when changes need to be made to child support orders. These modifications can come after a major financial change, like losing a job. Whether you are seeking a modification or going through the initial child support process, we can help you to make sure that you aren’t being railroaded.


FindLaw Network