Visitors to our Pennsburg office, please note:

From March 2023 through late October, the Route 29 bridge between 10th & 11th Streets will be closed. For visitors to our Pennsburg office arriving via Route 29 North: Turn left onto 11th street. Right onto Montgomery Ave. Right onto 8th Street. Left onto Route 29 North.

Please call the office at 215-679-5912 if you need further instructions regarding the detour. Thank you.

Handling changes to workers’ compensation benefits

On Behalf of | Apr 19, 2018 | Workplace Injuries |

Workers who are injured while they are doing their jobs count on workers’ compensation. They need the program benefits to help them get medical care and pay for their bills while they are off work. For some workers, everything seems fine at first. They might think that they are going to be taken care of until they can go back to work.

When injured workers return to work, it is often a trial to see what happens.  But even if they return to work for a few hours or a few days and it doesn’t work out, the workers’ compensation insurance will seek to modify or suspend the workers’ wage loss benefits.  They file a Notice of Suspension or Modification under Section 413(c) or 413(d) of the Workers’ Compensation Act.

You don’t have much time to take action if you feel that a stoppage or a change in your benefits is unwarranted. You will have only 20 days to file a challenge to the Notice of Suspension or Modification.  If you do not file the challenge, getting your benefits corrected can be a much, much longer and more difficult process.

We understand that you are going through a lot just trying to make ends meet. You might have medical appointments and therapy cluttering your schedule. These can make it hard to focus on anything else, especially the red tape that can come with a workers’ compensation case.

Fortunately, you don’t have to try to figure things out all on your own. We are here to help you work through the employee challenge so that you can continue to receive the benefits that you need and deserve.


FindLaw Network