Talk To Our Workers’ Comp Lawyers About Your Hearing Loss
The Pennsylvania’s Workers’ Compensation Act agrees, and makes additional wage benefits available to workers who lose some, or all of their hearing because of the work they do.
Hearing Loss Is A High Price To Pay For Your Hard Work
Most hearing loss injuries occur gradually through prolonged exposure to excessive noise. In fact, many workers do not realize that they have lost any of their hearing ability until it becomes severe. Unfortunately, even if a worker is aware of what work-related noise is doing to his, or her hearing, simply having failed a hearing test will not be enough to get the specific loss benefits he, or she deserves.
At Wolf, Baldwin & Associates, P.C., we help clients with work-related hearing loss pursue all of the benefits they are entitled to under the law. Rely on us to put our experience to work for you, and resolve your workers’ compensation concerns.
What You Should Know About Hearing Loss Claims
There are some important differences between hearing loss claims, and other types of workers’ compensation claims. If you think you might have a claim, you should be aware that:
- While some work injuries can only be compensated if they cause you to miss work, workers who suffer from hearing loss caused by their job are eligible for specific loss benefits, which are not available to those who have not missed work because of their injury.
- Claims for hearing loss must be filed within three years of the date of last exposure (the last date you performed the job, or worked in the noisy environment). If you wait longer than three years, you will not be eligible — so don’t delay.
- There are three parts to proving your claim. The first of these is relatively easy, the second two may be more difficult.
- You must have a doctor determine that you have a hearing loss of 10 percent, or greater.
- You must prove that you were exposed to hazardous levels of noise at your job.
- Your doctor must render an opinion that your hearing loss was caused by your noisy work environment.
Our lawyers are prepared to guide you through every step of the claims process, and have the skills, and knowledge to manage even complex cases.
Why Choose Our Firm?
There are many good reasons why Wolf, Baldwin & Associates, P.C. is an excellent choice when you need legal help to win benefits. We have been serving Pennsylvania workers since 1973, and two of our attorneys have dedicated their practice to workers’ comp. Moreover, each of these attorneys has been certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Finally, we are always accessible to our clients, and responsive to their needs.
Workers’ Compensation Help Is Here
Offices in Pottstown, Pennsburg, West Chester, and Reading, Pennsylvania
To learn more about your rights, and the benefits available to you as an injured worker, call our offices directly, or contact our lawyers online for a free consultation today.
Referrals Welcome / Language Translation Services Available at No Cost